Kansas State lost a pair of difficult road games last week. Despite a slow start in Ames and Knoxville, the Wildcats showed some signs of life in the second half of both games.
The game at Tennessee was fun but not for fans in purple.
As the team returns home to host TCU on Wednesday, Bruce Weber’s Wildcats need to focus on what they’ve accomplished and aim toward earning an NCAA tourney bid.
They need to forget last week.
They have a lot of positives to build on.
Going into the Tennessee game, four of the Wildcats’ five losses were by a mere 5 points or less and by a total of 18 points.
The Wildcats have played outstanding defense. Kansas State has forced double-digit turnovers in 14 games including 12 against the Volunteers.
More from Jug of Snyder
- BetMGM Kansas Bonus Code: March Madness Fans Get $1,000 Offer
- Montana State vs. Kansas State prediction and odds for NCAA Tournament First Round
- Watch the Kansas State Wildcats react to being selected for the NCAA Tournament
- March Madness schedule: When do the K-State Wildcats play next? (Updated Round of 64)
- Every Kansas State Wildcats potential March Madness venue in 2023 NCAA Tournament
The Wildcats are getting balanced scoring. Despite having only 3 players in double figures on Saturday, Kansas State has shot the ball well. Five players have scored in double figures six times this season.
Coach Bruce Weber must get the team fired up to start game. They have done well at coming from behind but doing well and winning are not the same.
Playing at Bramlage on Wednesday should be the recipe they need to get back on the winning track.