#38 Mark Krause, far right
It’s now just 38 days until kick-off against North Dakota State, and next up in our spotlight is punter and #38 Mark Krause. Krause, a junior, transferred to K-State from Missouri Southern. Born in Kansas City, MO, Krause played for Karney High School in Missouri before entering college. He served as Ryan Doerr’s backup in 2012.
Krause did receive some playing time last year – he was the punter during the team’s first game against Missouri State in an apparent coach’s decision to allow him one more opportunity to win the starting role. He had four punts in that game, with an average of 38.5 yards and a long of 44.
Krause had five punts during the spring game this year:
- 30 yard punt, fair catch at the 23 yard line.
- 32 yards, fair catch at the 32.
- 47 yards, fair catch at the 20.
- 48 yards, fair catch at the 24.
- 49 yards, fair catch at the 35.