As Media Day approaches, let’s take a look around the web at the top stories of the past week involving the ‘Cats…
- Mark Janssen at K-State Sports Extra writes that Head Coach Bill Snyder wants his offense to be strong up the middle- an analogy normally used by baseball managers.
- The folks at the North Platte Telegraph are hoping Big 12” href=”http://www.nptelegraph.com/articles/2011/07/24/sports/local_sports/50003954.txt” target=”_blank”>Bill Snyder finds success this season now that Nebraska has moved on to the Big Ten.
- David Ubben at ESPN.com finished his preseason positional rankings by ranking Collin Klein seventh in the conference at quarterback.
- Bryce Brown has big expectations replacing Daniel Thomas at running back, according to Matthew Hays of SB Nation Kansas City. Brown was named to the Preseason All Big 12 first team.
- Bryce’s brother, linebacker Arthur Brown, was named to the preliminary list for the Dick Butkus award honoring the nation’s top linebacker, as well as to the preliminary Bronko Nagurski list for the top defensive player in the country.
- K-State defensive back Tysyn Hartman has been named as a finalist for the 2011 Allstate AFCA Good Works Team, the organization has announced. The award recognizes the selfless contributions to volunteerism and community service made by college football student-athletes across the nation.
- And finally, the ‘Cats are predicted to finish eighth in the new ten-team conference as voted on by members of the media.